Mon, Mar 20|
Lifeline Children's Services
4-Day EFT Externship with a Created for Connection Focus - Birmingham, AL
"Created for Connection" EFT Externship with ICEEFT trainers Dr. Greg Cheney and Dr. Teri Murphy.
Time & Location
Mar 20, 9:00 AM CDT – Mar 23, 5:00 PM CDT
Lifeline Children's Services, 200 Missionary Ridge Dr, Birmingham, AL 35242
About the Event
Innovative and inspiring, this 4-day Externship provides you with an in-depth and practical introduction to the practice of Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFT). EFT remains a leading empirically supported treatment of couple distress. The Created for Connection Externship is designed to prepare therapists to reach couples who value a faith sensitive approach to couple therapy. The Externship offers a unique opportunity to incorporate key insights from Dr. Sue Johnson and Kenny Sanderfer’s book Created for Connection, a hands-on resource designed for Christian couples.
This unique training experience brings together four days of practical demonstrations, experiential exercises and dynamic presentations walking you step by step through the EFT process of change. The Externship is approved by the International Centre for Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) and provides the first level of training required for certification as an Emotionally Focused Therapist. In addition, this training explores the integration of EFT principles and practices with theological insights and experiences common to Christian couples.
• Learn primary EFT concepts based on attachment and emotion theory.
• Identify EFT stages and steps and related interventions.
• Practice EFT interventions used to promote de-escalation and restructuring relationships.
• Explore the process of creating emotional bond through corrective emotional experiences.
• Examine EFT concepts and practices and their value to Christian couples.