Created for Connection
The "Hold Me Tight" Guide for Christian Couples
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) Externships, EFT Core Skills, and Couples Workshops with a "Created for Connection" focus led by ICEEFT Certified Trainer Dr. Greg Cheney.
EFT Externship with a Created for Connection Focus
This is the foundational and most comprehensive training and education in EFT, taught with a Created for Connection focus. A four-day Externship includes the observation of live and video recorded couple and individual therapy sessions, presentations of theory and clinical techniques, skills training exercises, and discussion of specific cases, clinical material and issues. Total training time for the four-day EFT Externship is around 28 hours.
EFT Core Skills with a Created for Connection Focus
This is the second step in EFT training and education focusing on the core skills of the EFT approach taught with a Created for Connection focus.. EFT Core Skills builds off of the four-day EFT Externship. This advanced training is spread out over four to five months (48 hours total).. Each session is designed for a small group of 8 - 16 participants and includes practical instruction, experiential exercises, video examples, and case consultation.
Created for Connection Couples Workshop
The Created for Connection Couples Workshop is designed to foster closeness and secure bonds for couples where faith is an integral part of their lives. It combines faith, Scripture, and the science of relationships in order to help couples learn to communicate better and manage conflict well. It also gives couples practical tools to cultivate and nurture their relationship. This workshop helps to help couples build trust and create a secure bond with each other.
- Mon, Mar 20Lifeline Children's Services"Created for Connection" EFT Externship with ICEEFT trainers Dr. Greg Cheney and Dr. Teri Murphy.
- Mon, May 22Lifeline Children's ServicesJoin Dr. Greg Cheney and Dr. Teri Murphy for this 3-DAY IN-PERSON training May 22-24, 2023. EFT Core Skills Modules 1-2 with a Created for Connection focus as described in "Created for Connection: The Hold Me Tight® for Christian Couples" by Dr. Sue Johnson and Kenny Sanderfer.
- Multiple DatesThu, Aug 17Trevecca UniversityEFT Core Skills 3-4 with ICEEFT certified trainers Dr. Teri Murphy and Dr. Greg Cheney.
- Wed, Sep 27Lifeline Children's ServicesJoin Dr. Greg Cheney and Dr. Teri Murphy for this 3-DAY IN-PERSON training September 27-29, 2023. EFT Core Skills Modules 1-2 with a Created for Connection focus as described in "Created for Connection: The Hold Me Tight® for Christian Couples" by Dr. Sue Johnson and Kenny Sanderfer.
- Wed, Nov 29Trevecca Nazarene UniversityEmotionally Focused Therapy Externship with ICEEFT certified trainers Dr. Teri Murphy and Dr. Greg Cheney.